Monday, July 25, 2005

JavaEtc: Charlottesville Blogs

Thanks Arin and Waldo. It nice to be heard. Arin, .Net Sucks. Arin, I have had a complete change of heart from my days of MT (MusicToday) where I really loved MS. But now with the MS continually raking in the bucks (see http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/28/technology/microsoft_analysis/index.htm) from corporate IT coffers instead of directing that money to delivering next gen applications to their users, I feel differently. I think C# is cool and maybe the OS version Mono
will catch on. Flame on!! BTW, anyone reading this who is concerned that if the government feels that their home could better serve the community if it were the home of a Target see Arin's blog and keep abreast of the situation. I think Arin's found his calling!!
JavaEtc: Charlottesville Blogs

1 comment:

Daniel Markham said...

Cool blog, Tom.

I can understand being upset with MS. After all, they have more money than God, it seems like.

I've done a lot of programming in MS Technologies, and some Oracle, some Java, some JavaScript. In fact, I've done a lot in a lot of languages.

My opinion is that smart people like yourself get distracted from creating valuable things. Everybody wants to sell you the tools, the widgets, the neat bells and whistles for development. If that doesn't work, it seems like there is an active, almost political movement against MS. Then there's the F/OSS community.

These are good and interesting subjects to talk about, but the real goal of writing any code is to provide some kind of value, right? It just seems like everybody is actively trying to distract us from helping people and instead get wrapped up in some kind of religious war.

My two cents only. I really enjoyed reading the blog today! I especially like that cool new batBack voting system you have installed. Man is that sweet! (I'm the author of the batBack system -- grin) Anyway. Hope you like the code I wrote and I plan on coming back again soon.